So, hopefully Dreamhost holds together long enough for me to both upload all these images, and for you to see them… Gah.
Anyway, on to progress! I’ve actually done quite a bit over the last few weeks, mostly refurbishing a solid chunck of my terrain collection – edge highlighting and adding some extra details (most notably, printed posters to add some colour to the endless sea of grey).
This will just be a quick picture-dump post, since the light’s not good at the moment (I still don’t have a good daylight bulb for photoing, so I’m reliant upon natural light which sadly is somewhat lacking right now) – once I get another nice weekend I’ll finish varnishing these and take some proper photos.
Above are some pipes and cardboard constructions – those statues are old 2nd ed plastic space maries, the pipes are cardboard tubes and plumbing fittings, and that’s a PSU fan on the left next to the statues.
I’ve finished painted up the many many old PSU cases I’ve aquired, so now I have 8 box-buildings. I’ve stuck some posters on them (there’s a lot more on the other sides) to give them some interest and break up the giant flat grey surfaces.
Likewise, I have some cans of various sizes on the right, along with spray-paint lids on the top.
And finally, here’s a IMEX Platformer building (I found a kit in Mind Games Canberra, but there’s a bunch of other places which stock them also) which I put together – I used some parts on the dropship I built, but the rest I really didn’t have a clue what to use them on, so I whacked together this building which I’ll probably donate to my local gaming club once it’s painted. Behind that are two crates built from balsa wood over a little cardboard box, and to the side are some magetised ladders which I’ll use on the (conveniently metal) PSU and tin-can buildings previously.
I’ve finished up the last five Leman Russes (or, should I say, “last” five) which I’ve had sitting around for ages, so I’ve finished all my tanks now! Except for the space marine Rhino I bought off a friend for my squad of grey knights… Hrm.
And finally, all of my Infinity models which I have to paint now. Considering it took me two weeks to paint the first one, this may prove problematic. At least they’re a pleasure to paint though!
Proper update next weekend – hopefully there’s good weather so I can get some proper photos!